By using Cookies, we are able to provide you with a better experience and to improve our Site by better understanding how you use it.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
“Cookie” means a small file placed on your computer or device by our Site when you visit certain parts of our Site and/or when you use certain features of our Site;
“Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, the retained EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“UK GDPR”) and, where applicable, EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
“Personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by the UK GDPR/GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
2. Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by Motiohead Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales under number 11194437, with a registered office address at 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, United Kingdom, WC1N 3AX and with VAT number 290039805.
We have carefully chosen these Cookies and have taken steps to ensure that your privacy and personal data is protected and respected at all times.
- By using our Site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device.
Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. Third party Cookies are used on our Site for advertising and tech support purposes.
For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- All Cookies used by and on our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- 1. Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of our Site, supporting functions such as logging in to secure areas of our Site, or the use of e-billing services.
- 2. Analytics Cookies
It is important for us to understand how you use our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use.
Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, including to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site, helping us to improve our Site and your experience of it (for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily).
- 3. Functionality Cookies
Functionality Cookies enable us to provide additional functions to you on our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences.
Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- 4. Targeting Cookies
It is important for us to know when and how often you visit our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited).
As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests.
- 5. Third Party Cookies
Third party Cookies are not placed by us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to us and/or to you.
Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
- 6. Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit our Site.
- 7. Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie.
Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit our Site until you close your browser.
Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on our Site are not permanent and will expire after the time indicated in the table in paragraph 4 below.
- For more details of the personal data that we collect and use, the measures we have in place to protect personal data, your legal rights, and our legal obligations, please refer to our Privacy Notice.
- For more specific details of the Cookies that we use, please refer to the table below.
4. What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
- You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Name/type of Cookie Purpose More Information
Owner name: Google _ga
Owner name: Google _gid
Owner name: Google _gat
Used to optimize our website, detect any technical problems you may encounter, measure audience and analyse how visitors use the website.
Google _ga, length: 2 years, used to distinguish users – Used by Google Analytics to assign a single cookie and define the notion of a user.
This cookie records a unique identifier used to generate statistical data on how a user uses the site.
Google _gid, length: 24 hours, used to distinguish users – Used by Google Analytics to store and update a unique value for each visited page.
This cookie makes it possible to generate statistical data on how a user uses the site.
Google _gat, length: 1 minute, used to throttle requests to Google – Used by Google Analytics to drastically reduce user request rates.
What are these cookies used for?
These cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Monitoring traffic and use of our website’s various services;
- Adapting website content based on your previous browsing;
- Adapting the presentation of the site to your terminal’s display preferences (language, display resolution, which operating system is used, etc.) during previous visits.
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site and to provide you with offers that are targeted to your individual interests.
- Recognise you when you return to our Site. https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=en&gl=uk
Facebook Pixel is a service provided by Facebook. It offers tools to track site visitors and allows us to gain a greater insight into our general audience which in turn helps us to improve our website content to greater fit the needs of our users.
It also offers the option to build audiences via Facebook advertising campaigns in the future.
Facebook pixel code fr, length: 3 months, used to measure, optimise and build audiences for advertising campaigns served on Facebook. https://en-gb.facebook.com/business/help/651294705016616
We use Hotjar in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize this service and experience.
Hotjar is a technology service that helps us better understand our users’ experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
This includes a device’s IP address (processed during your session and stored in a de-identified form), device screen size, device type (unique device identifiers), browser information, geographic location (country only), and the preferred language used to display our website. Hotjar stores this information on our behalf in a pseudonymized user profile.
Hotjar is contractually forbidden to sell any of the data collected on our behalf.
Hotjar used cookies:
_hjClosedSurveyInvites – 365 days – Hotjar cookie that is set once a user interacts with an External Link Survey invitation modal. It is used to ensure that the same invite does not reappear if it has already been shown.
_hjDonePolls – 365 days – Hotjar cookie that is set once a user completes a survey using the On-site Survey widget. It is used to ensure that the same survey does not reappear if it has already been filled in.
_hjMinimizedPolls – 365 days – Hotjar cookie that is set once a user minimizes an On-site Survey widget. It is used to ensure that the widget stays minimized when the user navigates through your site.
Full list of Hotjar cookies https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011789248-Hotjar-Cookie-Information https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/categories/115001323967-About-Hotjar
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how our Site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve our Site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our Site, it does enable us to continually improve our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
5. Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a Cookie pop-up notice at the bottom of the page, requesting your consent to set those Cookies.
By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you.
You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser.
Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed.
For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
Any such changes will become binding on you on your first use of our Site after the changes have been made.
You are therefore advised to check this page from time to time.
7. Further Information